Is15 months to early to move an infant into a bed?

My sister is having another baby in july and she is debating about getting a second crib. Her daughter will be 15 months is that too early to move her into a toddler bed or a twin bed? what are your opinions.

samagou

Asked by samagou at 6:28 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• FIrst, a 15 month old is not an infant, it is a toddler. I think at that age, it would be okay to put the toddler into a toddler bed with a side guard rail and maybe a baby gate on the bedroom door.
    Anonymous

• I think it's perfectly okay if they can get in and out of it. My son is 16 months and I'm looking for a toddler bed for him.
    NatesMommy118

Answer by NatesMommy118 at 6:44 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I think a toddler bed would be a good choice. That way he'll still have the safety of not rolling out.
    Anonymous

• I did it! He has so far (he is 21 months old now) survived! LOL!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 7:48 PM on May. 30, 2010

• my son is 15 mts old. he is in his own room(spiderman decor) and a twin bed with rail. no problem
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:01 PM on May. 30, 2010

• if she's good at climbing then there should be no problem! just buy a rail & maybe try and get her started asap so she can get used to it before the new baby has her crib!
    LoveKillsSlowly

Answer by LoveKillsSlowly at 10:06 PM on May. 30, 2010

• wow. it seems young for me to even think of a 15month old in a toddler bed. but my daughter is 14months and doesn't climb out of her crib yet. but she loves to climb everything else. it seems young to me. what about putting the baby into a pack and play bassinet area for awhile until the toddler is a little older. i have no idea. i only have one so i really don't even know when they move out of their crib. good luck.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:03 AM on May. 31, 2010

• i moved my dd out of her crib at lie 11 months... and into a toddler bed. MOSTLY because the crib was my sisters and she she was pregnant again and wanted it bac and was due soon, toddler bed i wanted had a great price on it at the time... and she definitely was big enough to get in and out of the bed. its disney fairies and only about 4-5 inches off of the ground with bed railings on both sides.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:30 PM on May. 31, 2010