How Do I Get My Stubborn Son To Go Poop On The Potty?!

Alex will go pee on the potty but wont go poop on the potty and I need to break him... How do I break him I know the poop part is the hardest to do but I have to get him broke of it. He will not wet his undies or anything but will poop his undies... I don't get it. He does like to pee on the potty... He just turned 2 May 2nd so Please ladies help me!!!!!

HoneyBee06

Asked by HoneyBee06 at 6:54 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my dd is 18 months and to get her to poop in the potty i know ruffley what time she usually poops so i would take her and sit her on the potty and have a snack (cheezie puffs and her water) and she eats away at it till she poops then i give her lots and lots of praise she is so proud of herself, she is now starting to go on her own. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• Take off the underwear for a while, when he's at home let him walk around naked for a bit that way if he trys to poop any where but the potty you can catch him. When you go out put pants on but no underwear, it may sound wierd but it works. My 2 yr old was the same way when we started training, underwear really threw him off, it was almost like wearing a diaper for him. he still doesn't wear underwear :) good luck!
    Anonymous

• See my son loves to poop on the floor as well he will rebel n hide in his room n do his business
    HoneyBee06

Answer by HoneyBee06 at 7:03 PM on May. 30, 2010

• sweetie--you don't "break" a kid....you encourage. Most boys take longer to train and pooping is usually the hardest part for them to master. He isn't ready yet and if you push him, you'll have more problems....my son was almost 4 btw....boys will do things when they are ready. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• 703....it is normal for kids-both boys and girls-to go hide when they poop. He isn't rebelling....it's normal....you might want to get yourself some potty-training books to help educate yourself on what is normal behavior. Don't punish....he's only 2. If he gets to 14 and does it then you can yell...lol
    Anonymous