I had the test done Tuesday for strep b. Since I haven't hear from dr would u take that as u don't have it????

amylynn4919

Asked by amylynn4919 at 6:54 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Give them until Tuesday to get back to you. If you haven't heard from them by then, call and find out for sure.
    Anonymous

• It is likely that the doc would not call and tell you the results. I had to ask for all three of my pregnancies what the results were. It was always negative, so I assume that is why they didn't call me.
    You can ask at your next appointment, or if you are worried, you can call and ask the receptionist to look up the test result at your docs office.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:57 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I would't take it as "NO". Call them , and have a peace of mind.

I really hope it is "NO". Good luck !
    laygla

Answer by laygla at 6:58 PM on May. 30, 2010

• They might just be waiting for your next appointment to tell you. If you really want to know you'll have to call.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 6:58 PM on May. 30, 2010

• prob not but with the holiday weekend, give it till next week......
    Anonymous

• Normally they will tell you at your next appointment.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 7:53 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I tested positive and babies are fine, so don't worry!
    Zanjea

Answer by Zanjea at 8:04 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I was always just told at my next appointment. It's really only a worry if you don't know and go into labour before finding out. And even then, they can just give you antibiotics to be on the safe side. I tested positive with all three of my babies and we're all fine. Even if you are positive, you just need to have antibiotics during labour, it's not that big of a deal anymore.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:13 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Generally speaking, "no news is good news". I don't know how long it would take them to get the lab work back, though. I'd ask at your next appointment, just to be sure, so you can tell the hospital for sure when you go into labor. Or call before then if you really want to know. If you end up in labor and don't know, all that will happen is that they'll give you the IV antibiotics like if you tested positive, just to be safe.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:11 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I never knew the results til my next prenatal visit. It's not a big deal, they're not going to put you on drugs now if you have it, it's only a big deal during labor, and it'll be in your medical file. Chill out and wait til your next appointment to ask.
    Anonymous