1 TRILLION Dollars.....is it worth it? ow much MORE ???

As of 10:06 on Sunday, May 30th, we will have spent $1 trillion in Iraq and Afghanistan.

A trillion dollars is a baffling amount of money. If you write it out, use twelve zeros. Even after serving in Congress for over a decade, I, like most Americans, still have a hard time wrapping my head around sums like this.

This month, we mark the seventh anniversary of President Bush's declaration of

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 7:16 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree Sweet, it's an appalling number. And it appears that we won't be withdrawing anytime soon. Looks like Obama has rescheduled the withdrawal date to 2011 or 2012, depending on which article you read.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:22 AM on May. 31, 2010

• Want another staggering number? We have lost 1000 American Soilders over there as of this week. Let us remember them tomorrow as well as all the others who have died for this country of ours
    Anonymous

bow down

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:23 PM on May. 30, 2010

• What does it mean that you served in Congress for over a decade. Are you a Congresswomen? What is your name? What State do you represent?
    Zanjea

Answer by Zanjea at 8:10 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Zanjea I don't think she will divulge that info on here :-) I respect her privacy even tho I am curious as well. :-) It would explain why she knows a lot.

The numbers are atrociaous.... and there will never be a getting out of debt available... ever.
    The American soldiers sacrificed their lives for us.. yes the numbers are astounding but they did it selflessly. That is what I will remember tomorrow!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:33 PM on May. 30, 2010

• she's copying and pasting an article. And I want to know if that one trillion dollars means 7 trillion in actual math, and is only 1 trillion in Congress's very special funny math.

May God have mercy on our soldiers.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:56 PM on May. 30, 2010

• sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:07 PM on May. 30, 2010

• This month, we mark the seventh anniversary of President Bush's declaration of "mission accomplished" in Iraq, yet five American soldiers have been killed there in May alone. Iraqis went to the polls nearly three months ago, but the political system remains so fractured that no party has been able to piece together a coalition. There are some indications that sectarian violence is again on the rise.

The only clear winner of the Iraq war is Iran. Their mortal enemy, Saddam Hussein, was taken out and fellow Shiites are in charge. Iran has been emboldened to the point of threatening the stability of the region and the world with its growing nuclear capability.
    sweet-a-kins

• If she is going to tell us that she has served Congress for a decade, she should tell us how. Otherwise, she shouldn't bring it up. I am appalled at the way women on here misrepresent themselves in order to seem important. She brought it up, she is now accountable to answer my simple question.
    Zanjea

Answer by Zanjea at 9:16 PM on May. 30, 2010

I posted the link, it is an article., not written by me (see above comment for the link) The question is Is it worth 1 trillion AND counting? What is the OUTCOME besides helping BANKRUPT America??

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:20 PM on May. 30, 2010