what do you think of someone stealing the name of your favorite actress daughter, and naming your child after it?

if that doesn't make sense, what would you say to someone if they named their child a name that some celebrity has used .....say for instance the name Kingston ( rosdale) or Suri ( Cruise) if someone named there daughter suri ( just regular folks like you and me ) what would you say or think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't say anything. They are just names.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:21 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't think anything.... It's a name.
    That's like getting mad because someone named their daughter Lillie... after mine. It's a name, it's how names gets popular and carry on through history.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 7:22 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Actually that has been happening for decades. Chelsea became a really popular name when Chelsea Clinton was in the White House. My step-son was named after John F Kennedy. I think the name Suri is cute. It wouldnt bother me at all..
    Anonymous

• Besides... if the parent REALLY liked the name, why couldn't they name them that? Because a celeb had claimed it first?
    I guess I just don't understand what the real problem is..
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 7:25 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I can't say much.My youngest was named after Aaron Neville.And I thought I was so original.There are a million and one Aaron's now.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 7:29 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I dont care.

But the way you typed the question REALLY through me off.... you asked if they stole the name and named my child after it.  I was wondering why I would ever want someone else to name my child.

Anonymous

• LOL through threw

Anonymous

• last I checked, there was no ban on using any particular name so it isn't stealing....
    on the other hand, I think naming your child a name specifically b/c a celebrity did is silly and creepy. If you like the name ok, but just to do it b/c the celeb did--wrong...
    Anonymous

• id find it interesting but not unusual.
    RoseWall

Answer by RoseWall at 8:17 PM on May. 30, 2010

• do you mean what would i think if someone stole the exact same i had said i was going to name my dd? in that case id be pissed. this is the very reason i told no one what our childs name would be. they found out after the child was born. not that would stop a name stealer at all....it happens alot. name taking i mean. people cant think of a name on their own so they "take" one the heard and liked from "somewhere'
    RoseWall

Answer by RoseWall at 8:20 PM on May. 30, 2010