if a baby comes at 35-36 weeks

will they put the baby in an incubator? what is the earliest week a baby can come out and they'll just hand the baby over to momma?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think it all depends on tne lung deveolopment.that is the last part to develope.I'm not a medical person,but I think a 35 week baby should be more than far enough along.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 7:33 PM on May. 30, 2010

• It varies baby by baby.. Some babies are full deveolped at 35 weeks and need no help while a baby born at say 38 weeks might need to be in one for a few days to weeks..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:33 PM on May. 30, 2010

• my son was 36 weeks...he was ok and they just watched him a little longer but didn't require anything special. It depends on how they come out---how mature their lungs are and if they can regulate their body temp.
    Anonymous

• My son was born right at 36 weeks and he stayed with me the whole time and went home after 2 days. He was skinny, but very healthy. They kept checking his feet to make sure they would warm up because he was having trouble regulating his body temperature becausehe didn't have any baby fat yet. I don't recommend having a baby early, but in an emergency the risks of long term problems at that stage are low.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 7:41 PM on May. 30, 2010

• every baby is different my nieces was born at 34 wks and no problem, i knew someone who had a baby at 38 wks and was in incubator for a week.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:43 PM on May. 30, 2010

• My son was born at 35 weeks, and suffered respiratory failure and was in the NICU for seven days. He was not able to hold him until he was 3 days old.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 7:44 PM on May. 30, 2010

• It depends on the baby. I had a little girl that was born at 36 weeks that was healthy, but I have known several people who have had babies at 35 or 36 weeks that had to go the NNICU.
    Anonymous

• It varies from birth to birth my DS was born at 36 weeks with NO complications but then other people I know had a baby either before or after and their LO did have complications so it really varies.
    Anonymous

• I think it depends on the baby like PP said. I had my youngest at 38 weeks and he was having a hard time regulating his body temperature. Other then that he was okay
    Anonymous

• it really depends on the health of the baby. during the 8th month, the lungs are in a transitional stage, so there is a likelihood that there will be some respiratory issues temporarily. in the 9th month (37/38/39 weeks) - things are nearly "cooked"
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:54 PM on May. 30, 2010