Does your ds do this?

When he does not get his way he gets very upset with me like he'll pretend to swing at me even though I know he is not going to hit me but I have told him he better watch it bc maybe one day he will hit me by accident and by then I will beat his butt. I know I should decline him when he does this or says thi gs to me but I am so tired of repeating myself so I just let it go. but I am tired of his behavior I have talked to him about it he does not take me serious he really doesn't have much to take away from him so I don't know what else to do. My dh says to give him a good spanking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on May. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yeah spank him. Show him how its ok for YOU to hit HIM,but its not ok for him to hit you.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:51 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Your dh needs to step up to the plate here and tell son to knock it off! I am a single parent and thank fully have never had these problems with my son. He is over 6 ft now at 15 and he towers over me. There have been a few times that I wish I had a dad in the house to help with disciplining him. Take full advantage of having a male role model in the house and make dad the leader here.
    Anonymous

• I would seriously spank him and have a serious talk with him. I would also use putting him in the corner until he calms down. When not upset you need to speak with him about respect. He needs to respect you and his dad...dad doesn't necessarily have to be the disciplinarian. But please, nip this in the bud now or else I'd hate to see what he'll be like 10 years from now....
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 10:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2010