when can start to leave my litter of pups outside?

i have 6 wk old pups and can't find info on when i can put them outside with momma and siblings without having to be there with them. i have an area for them but since i'm trying to socialize them already i let them out and run around in the house. i would like to take them out and leave them for a bit. although i'm scared cause we have hawks outside and wonder will one get taken away. my sil leaves her pups since birth outside but they are german shepards and mine are shih tzu's. i take them out for like 10-15 while i pick up their dirty poo poos. i would like to leave them out longer and not be tied up with having to be out there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Pets

• When we had puppies I let them spend time outside in a superyard(like a playpen w/o a floor) for 20 to 30 minutes unattended since I knew they were safe and could not get into anything that could harm them. You mentioned having hawks that would be enough for me to keep a close eye on them for a while longer.

mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 10:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Since you have hawks and a small breed I would wait untill they are a little bigger. I would be scared the hawk would take them away. But as long as your other dogs don't try to bully them or anything then it should be okay to leave them outside for a about a half hour to an hour as long as they are in a fence.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 6:59 AM on May. 31, 2010

• I wouldn't leave them outside at all. Especially since they are tiny..hawks would love to eat them.

Your sister shouldn't leave her dogs outside either.

If you don't want the responsibility of socializing, training and staying outside with the pups then you should have had your dog fixed...then you wouldn't have to worry.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 10:40 AM on May. 31, 2010

• I agree with Acid.
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 11:32 AM on May. 31, 2010

• i don't have a problem with the care of the dogs just wanted to be able to leave them longer then just a few minutes cause i think they would of enjoyed a longer time out there.
    Anonymous

• I would also wait until they are a little bigger, just to be safe....

Acid - you head is so far up your ass, I am sooo tired of everytime I see you answer something you have to add that little bit of info that isnt any of your buisness
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• You must like it when I answer because you are in every question I post an answer too.

You must really like me a lot because (as mom said) those who pay the most attention to someone must really love them. So, thanks, its nice to know you care so much about a stranger.

Information is always someone's business. That is why its called information and not personal business. If I post something that makes someone think (and apparently, that is difficult for you to comprehend)then I have done my job.

I am actually pretty stoked that I have a stalker...its against the rules and stuff..and I am sure you know that which is why you post anon...but, its still pretty neat. I can't wait to tell my husband I have an admirer..he is going to want to know who. Its too bad you are such a chicken you can't show your face though..he'd really like to meet you.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 11:14 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• no not a stalker.... just someone who answeres the same sort of questions you do... except I actually give info, you just tell them what they shouldnt do, you always just do a shame-on-you act , I think this is atleast the 3rd time I seen you post that someone shouldnt have dogs if they have to ask a question about them....

and, an admirer? .. yeah right, wouldnt spit on you if you were on fire
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Acid..Im agreeing with you. Also your stalker statements made me laugh...so thank you.
    judith106

Answer by judith106 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• This stuff is extremely close to my heart. I rescue dogs. Nearly daily I get emails, or notices about dogs left outside to starve, tied to dog houses left in the sun without any water, or people who just think its okay to kick the crap out of a dog.

There are far too many pets in shelters all over the world for people to be breeding without knowledge or comprehension of what they are doing. People are sticking any breed of dog together, calling it a breed, charging a gazillion dollars for it simply to line their pockets instead of getting a real job. They sucker gazillions of people into buying what is marketed as a rare breed. After the puppy loses its cute, or the kids don't care for it the way they said they would..the dog ends up ignored or in a shelter.

Acid

Answer by Acid at 1:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2010