If God only made adam and eve

how did all the other races get here???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• One of the many issues I have with Pure Creationism is this... If God only created one race, where did the others come from? One a Genetic level Africans are very different from Asians and both are very different from Hispanics and so on... If we were discussing animals we would consider each of these evolutionary differences as different breeds of the same species... Yet, because Creationists have pushed their belief of only one starter couple even that notion is offensive...

And before it comes up, because it will. The Tower of Babble, as mentioned in the bible, could NOT be where the races were split, because there were different races PRIOR to that event!

The different races are one of many facts which prove evolution.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:24 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Its somewhere in the Bible,talks about that in detail. I dont remember where.
    Anonymous

• No, actually, nothing proves evolution. In fact if you actually read Darwin, he states that his theory of evolution can only be verified if certain fossil evidence is found. That fossil evidence has not been found. Therefore, evolution is not true, according to Darwin himself. Argue all you want, but that is a fact.
    Zanjea

Answer by Zanjea at 8:44 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I have read Darwin, and just because he didn't get everything 100% correct doesn't mean that he wasn't on the right path. Researchers have not only proven that evolution DID happen, but that is IS happening. Evolution is happening all around us, new species and new evolvements are happening all the time... In fact, it has just been discovered that some species of lizard are now able to procreate without a mate, something that was not possible just a few decades ago - that IS evolution... Life always finds a way!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:54 PM on May. 30, 2010

• wasn't that long ago that white skin is a mutation of black skin - as many of the reggae artists claim africans are the original man... this is a scientific fact. what bothers me more than the race question as it relates is that we are all supposedly products of incest, but then the bible is full of incestuousness.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:19 PM on May. 30, 2010

*****
    Please someone explain where because I've looked and haven't found it. Adam & Eve; two sons; one son is sent off for killing the other and lo comes across a village full of people and meets his wife to be at a well...WHERE did those people come from?

And then there's the whole issue of incest of course.

Anonymous

• Okay, we all know I'm not Christian, but for point of fact, I do need to state this. YES, the bible states that Cain took his sister as a wife. However, working with in the same beliefs of that faith, Adam & Eve's children would have been just this side of perfect, so incest would not have been the issue it is today. In fact even today it takes between 4 and 8 generations of inbreeding to create genetic flaws - so incest of not, it was a different world...

Besides, even with the a belief in evolution you would have to assume SOME early incest, even if there were 4 people who evolved together in the same area around the same time, there would be some incest within the first few generations if not the first few hundred...

Of all the anti-biblical arguments, this is one I have never understood. Today we see this as a horrid thing because culturally we are taught it, but it was different back then, there was no culture...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:37 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Also, I have to correct one other thing... Biblically, Adam & Eve had 3 sons. Cain, Abel & Seth... But Seth tends to be forgotten...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:40 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I have read Darwin, and just because he didn't get everything 100% correct doesn't mean that he wasn't on the right path.

Thank you for your honesty in admitting that Darwin's theory was flawed and imperfect. I suggest then that it takes just as much "faith" for you to believe Darwin's theory as it takes faith for me to believe in intelligent design. I appreciate your honesty!

Zanjea

Answer by Zanjea at 10:08 PM on May. 30, 2010

• The bible does NOT state that Cain took his sister as a WIFE!!
    Anonymous