Are you on food stamps?

If so, how much do you get per month, and for many people? Is it enough to feed your family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am glad that what you are getting is enough and that none of you are starving. I am sorry for your hard situation and pray that things get better for you and your families soon. God bless you all.
    Zanjea

Answer by Zanjea at 10:40 PM on May. 30, 2010

• No my household does not get foodstamps.
    Anonymous

• no. i applied ONE time right after my kids' dad and i separated. i was only looking for maybe a couple week's of assistance, and they denied me. told me to sell my car. i hadn't been working in forever, because he and i had a business together. i just needed a little help til i could get a job and a paycheck. fascist bastards

i will never try to get assistance again. tax dollars down the drain!
    Anonymous

• Yes, we get 350 a month for a famly of 5. Right now it's enough because the baby is only breastfed right now.
    Anonymous

• I have been... But I'm not now. We were getting $60 a month for a family of 5.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:40 PM on May. 30, 2010

• We use to get barely enough to feed our family of four, then DH changed jobs and they cut our monthly amount by almost half. But the new job doesn't make as much as the old one. Most of the time we're struggling, it's very hard to keep my blood sugar stable when we have to eat so much mac and cheese...or top ramen all the time.
    Anonymous

• we do, we get around $300 per month for a family of 3. I usually have to spend around $50-60 to cover the last week & a half or so of the month.
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 8:43 PM on May. 30, 2010

• No, but I don't look down on anyone who is, if they really need it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:43 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I have a question then as well. Sorry to butt in, but I just want to know how you guys can afford the internet when you can barely feed your family? That doesnt make sense to me.
    Anonymous

• yes...$16 a month, and no, it is not enough
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:48 PM on May. 30, 2010