If you are on food stamps, how can you afford the internet? Just asking

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• my neighbor lets me use theirs, i bought this laptop back when i first entered college and still have it 2 years later, anything else?
    Anonymous

• A friend of mine got a free computer with internet from the school district. Do you know how often her kids use it for school? NEVER
    Anonymous

• You can have an income and still be eligible for FS. What you do with your income is your business. I don't have cable. I don't own a car but I have Internet. That's my luxury in life.
    Anonymous

• im not on food stamps but if you have wireless you can always find internet..... wether you call it stealing or not.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, are you using there internet or yours? You mean to tell me that you physically go over to your neighbors house and get on-line? My computer is waay older then yours
    Anonymous

• this is first pp

no we have wireless, its a laptop, they give me their access code, simple, and they just ask that i dont give it out to anyone else, and i havent...so im using theirs, their sgnal is good enough to where i can use it in certain parts of my place
    Anonymous

• You mean to tell me that you physically go over to your neighbors house and get on-line?----- You don't need to go over there to use someones wireless service.
    Anonymous

• FOR THE LAST TIME, NO WE HAVE WIRELESS, SO I GET THE SIGNAL IN MY HOUSE, I JUST NEED THE ACCESS CODE, WHICH THEY GIVE ME...

GOSH

GET OUT AND LEARN, ITS 2010 NOW
    Anonymous

• To think I have been paying for this damn thing all this time!!!! DANGIT I got screwed again!
    Anonymous

• I do believe what people spend is their own business. It does bother me when I know people who recieve assistance but still abuse the system. We receive help, and I work my ass off for it. My husband watches the kids and works his ass off going to school. I don't buy frivolities for myself, we don't buy junk food. we're not the couple that buys fs food and then pays cash for booze. I do enjoy the internet, sure, but I have it in my house SOLELY to pay my bills. I have some that can't be paid any other way. We are on the computer only after the kids are in bed, and only for about an hour or so. my internet is a bit pricey...$45....but even if I cut out that expense....it would not pay for even a quarter of the food money I need to feed my family.... I hope this answers your question.
    Anonymous