im going to be 40 weeks pregnant this upcoming week. and i plan to demand my ob/gyn to induce my labor. i am experiencing hemorrhoids now and i have tried everything to try helping me dilate: walking, sex, spicy food, etc. i dont care what he says my labor needs to be induced asap.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I understand the feeling. You can try to make the demand, but that doesn't mean your OB will comply. Doesn't mean your insurance will pay for it either. I will hope things go well for you though. Don't let the others scare you. Induction does NOT mean c-section. Yes it CAN happen, but it doesn't always and will of course vary from person to person. Raspberry leaf tea if you haven't had any might work. Massage your abdomen with Jasmine oil might work as well. Good Luck mama.
    Anonymous

• Have a happy c-section, because that is what is likely to happen when you are induced and your body isn't ready. Oh, and the roids don't go away.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:31 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Is this your first child? GL with that one!
    Anonymous

• Wow selfish! I feel bad for your baby...
    Anonymous

• thanks anonymous @ 9:41 pm at least sometime on her has a heart and is understanding
    Anonymous

• Oh, you poor baby! Hemorrhoids??? That must be unbearable! Oh, the torture! Your OB should be ashamed if he doesn't induce you for hemorrhoids!

...Yeah... Not really. I actually hope he laughs at you for it. Because getting induced for no real medical reason is stupid.
    Anonymous

• at anonymous 9:45 pm. you should be ashamed of yourself picking on someone that is 9 months pregnant with hemorrhoids. what if you had hemorrhoids up your asshole. your insensitive. why hide your name if your so funny.
    survivormama10

Answer by survivormama10 at 9:47 PM on May. 30, 2010

• At my last appointment at 39 weeks 3 days, I was dilated to "maybe a 1" (not at all before then), not effaced at all, and baby was still high. I went into labor anyway (without trying) at 39 weeks 6 days. So there's still hope.

And pushing a baby out won't do anything for your hemorrhoids. That's usually the part that causes them for women who don't have issues during pregnancy.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:49 PM on May. 30, 2010

• your dr has make sure the baby is big enuff and everything has developed fine before inducing.... how far are you dialted so far? i was induced 2 day's early for absolutley no reason lol some drs will make you wait and others really don't care... my body wasn't ready and i had my daughter without a c-section i was only dialted half a cm when i got induced and had been that way for weeks. you can't force him to induce you either... he's the dr so let him decide what's best!
    Anonymous

• for goodness sake you're almost there. you think hemorrhoids are bad? you aren't gonna make it through childbirth lol. induced labor doesn't necessarily make you dilate. my labor was induced for real medical, as opposed to selfish/spoiled, reasons, and all it did was put me in severe and constant pain without dilation for many, many hours. they tried the pitocin (the drug used to induce labor) to help me dilate, then broke my water, still nothing. i nearly had to have an emergency cesarean. do you really think you're going to force your OB to induce your labor by acting like an ass? especially when you tell him how you know better than he does - let me guess: your first baby - his... surely more than one. suck it up and listen to your doctor. hopefully when the child actually comes you can act like an adult - one baby at a time...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:51 PM on May. 30, 2010