How do I get the professional pleat out of my son's pants?

I bought a suit/tuxedo at a garage sale for my son but the pants are hemmed way too short. I took the hem out but i can't get the pleat out. Is there a way to get it out without paying for it?

Laura2U

Asked by Laura2U at 9:42 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• The pleats are in there for life. I tried to get professional pleats out of my skirt, and it was impossible. Good luck on this one, and if you do find a way, let me know.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:53 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I don't think you meant pleat ;) pleats - think pleated school girl skirt... pleats are at the waist line.

you mean the crease in the fabric.

soak in water. Lay out the pants on a piece of foam, using LOTS of straight pins, pull the fabric taught, pinning in place all around the crease, let dry.
    Anonymous

• Soak in water even tho they're dress pants? Won't that ruin the fabric and shrink them? I've accidentally washed my husband's suit pants before. I don't want to do that again.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 10:50 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Spray the pleat with "white" vinegar, don't soak it and don't spray on other areas. Open a window or something because vinegar heated up can really smell. Press the "pleat" at the right fabric setting and do it until it is gone.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 12:10 AM on Jul. 10, 2010