glasses

my 9m old lil girl has to ware glasses but i cant keep them on her face she will just pull them off my Q is can any one help tell me how to keep them on her i knw she is only 9m but she cant see with them and yes i knw she dnt get that just yet but im in need of some pointers

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• in 10 years of nursing 6 of which were exclusively with children under 18 months old I NEVER saw a baby with eye glasses under the age of 2 and mostly only on 3 and older-- my dd wears glasses now they only gave them to her b/c of astigmatism (which is genetic) and ONLY for school

ALL babies are near sited some dont correct until age 8 and that is NORMAL HUMAN development
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:32 PM on May. 30, 2010

• my baby sister had glasses at that age. for her my parents used the glasses that had the earpieces that wrapped around her ears. she could still pull them off but it took a little more effort. other than that, she's just going to have to get used to them. also, If she falls asleep wearing them during naps, leave them on (as long as she's not a belly sleeper). it will help her get used to them.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:44 PM on May. 30, 2010

• We thought my daughter was going to have to get them. She was around your daughters age (9 months). When the talk was there about glasses, I asked the doctor how do you keep them on their face. The only advice she was able to give us was that usually they can see better and want to wear them. If not, see if you can find a strap that fits snuggly on the head. Is she having to wear them because of strabismus?
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:48 PM on May. 30, 2010

• MEL RN: Some babies need them to fix problems such as strabismus. If they wait till 3, it can be to late and permenant damage can be done. This was the reason my daughter almost needed glasses, not because of vision.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:52 PM on May. 30, 2010

• MELRN- Do you think she got glasses for her baby for the fun of it? You are obviously the ONLY one here who has NEVER seen a baby who needs glasses. (Emphasis added because you added it) I have known several babies who have needed them, and I am NOT a professional. LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on May. 31, 2010

• ok well i asked this Q so i can say a few thing about it ok one your most have never worked with sick kids i see kids under the age of 2 with glasses all the time and other thing my child now has to have surgery onher eye so no this is not for the fun of it crazy woman ur nuts and need to go back to school ok and btw go to www.littlefoureyes.com to see kids with glasses at the age of 3m to older ok
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jun. 12, 2010