Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I contact a DR?

I have had my period pretty much for the whole month of may. It has been going from a regular period to spotting and back all month...I don't see a Gyno regularly and don't have a PCP,....I'm a bit concerned but I'm not sure if maybe I'm just being paranoid....any advice or insight would be great! Thanks!

Answer Question

Asked by werkinmom at 10:04 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • If you have been bleeding for a whole month, yes I would contact a doctor

    Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:06 PM on May. 30, 2010

  • are you on any BC? you might need to if not to regulate it or switch if you are... the shot made me have a period the whole 3 months it lasted.... sucked!

    Answer by LoveKillsSlowly at 10:08 PM on May. 30, 2010

  • This same thing is happening to my sister in law.....she is now going to have to have a hysterectomy because it went untreated for so long. Wish I could remember the name of the disease.


    Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on May. 30, 2010

  • I am on BC the meraina ( I probably spelt it wrong) and for the past 4 years I have never had a problem.

    Answer by werkinmom at 10:13 PM on May. 30, 2010

  • Not to be insensitive, but how old are you?

    My sister (40 now) had a month of bleeding. She went to the doctor, they found nothing wrong. Did some bloodwork because the doctor thought maybe she was starting menopause. I believe they found she was perimenipausal, but not sure. Otherwise there was nothing wrong to cause the bleeding. It finally stopped and hasn't returned.

    I would see a doctor.

    Answer by heatheryn at 10:28 PM on May. 30, 2010

  • not insensitive, I am 25

    Answer by werkinmom at 10:33 PM on May. 30, 2010

  • I had this happen--however I ma much older than you. I went to the dr. They found out nothing. I have the Merina I.U.D too however I am thinking mine is related to age. The dr. checked my blood I was anemic of course. I keep having this on and off they checked I still have eggs and all my hormone levels are normal. So I don't know what to tell you except keep track of it. On your calendar write s for spot b for normal bleeding. I write a h for heavy bleeding too. Then take that information with you to the dr. Call the ob tom.

    Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:34 PM on May. 31, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.