Taking the Plunge...Again.

My former fiance and I were engaged before our son was born. After the birth, the stress of taking care of a newborn while in a relationship that wasn't ready for a baby got to us and we broke up. 3 months later, we got back together, and have been dating for 8 months with none of the stress our former relationship had. He's mentioned that he wants to live together again when we are ready for it, and has suggested sleepovers, to see how we would do for long periods of time before taking the plunge. Does anyone think this is a good idea? Is it ok for me to initiate a sleepover? And when do sleepovers become moving back in? He said too that he thinks our relationship is really close to being ready to move back in with each other. What does that mean? Any thoughts? Please nothing negative, just constructive criticism.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• He can say whatever he wants too. IT is only of his opinion that he believes you are ready for sleepovers and for moving on from there. I just went through this myself with my ex bf. He kept telling me how it was going to go down. How my kids where to behave if he moved in, where he was going to sleep with me after he moved in. Its all a bunch of bs if you ask me. What do you want to do? He may call it sleepovers, but he is sleeping in YOUR house, period. Sleepovers sound like so much fun dont they? Guys dont normally say sleepovers. So, do you want him to move in or do you need space for now? That is the question
    Anonymous

• I think it s a good idea to just play it by ear. Let it play out and take it one day at a time. I see nothing wrong with "sleepovers" or living together to make sure things are going to work out. Just have one sleepover see how it goes. Maybe do once or twice a week and then move on from there based upon how things are going.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:41 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Thanks lowencope. That's the approach I'm taking:).
    Anonymous

• Yeah, the word 'sleepover' is parochial and sounds like he's not serious. You know him better...do you think this sounds like something he really intends to follow through on? If you're unsure, maybe you need to ask him point blank and have him tell you what he means with grown-up words.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:28 PM on May. 30, 2010

• i think he'll follow through, I'm just not sure he knows how to ask me. And he says stay the night, not sleep over.
    Anonymous