so when you go to an appointment and your waiting in the lobby....

no matter what its for
dental
accounting
doctor
vet
etc...

do you like:
sitting on a Couch or chairs
random magazines or ones about the business u are at
color paint on the walls or just white walls
paperwork handed to you so you can be ready when called in, or filling out paper work with the person there
coffee accessible or just water
what else for a waiting room would be nice

feel free to input any opinions

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 10:36 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• chairs, because i like my space...plus couches can sometimes be to low, and just uncomfortable depending on what clothes you have on...i also prefer tabloid magazines, and people, us weekly etc..i would do pastel colours on wall, with pictures of whatever the office is pertaining to..water would be nice too..with coffee, ya never know how long its been there..plus i dont drink coffee..lol..then again i always have a bottle of water in my purse..so..yaaa..and a lil section for kids to play in would be nice as well..paperwork handed before hand as well..public washrooms are always nice..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:24 AM on May. 31, 2010

• cable tv
    Anonymous

• Drs office- chairs, anything else, i like the option of chairs or a couch. Coffee available- sometime my only "free time" is in the waiting room and I like to show up extra early to relax and enjoy a cup of coffee. Not white walls, but nothing too crazy (a subdued green or brown is best). I prefer to have magazines that are in the same genre of business I am at. Vets office: cat fancy, etc. I also like if there are new and unusual magazines that I would not usually receive in the waiting room. Also, old, cut up and wrinkled magazines frustrate me. If a business can't take 5 minutes to clear out its old magazine stock, how much time do the spend cleaning the bathroom, etc?? The best thing in a waiting room would be a child's play area with supervision. They have this at a grocery store we go to . It is amazing. although the paid babysitter may not be a possibility, the play area would be GREAT!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:40 PM on May. 30, 2010

• 1.sitting on a Couch or chairs? Chairs, unless it's a leather couch. I'm always cautious of what could be living in a fabric couch.

2.random magazines or ones about the business u are at? Random. Lighthearted. Usually appointments aren't the most pleasant thing ever, so I like to be comforted with brain-numbing magazines.

3.color paint on the walls or just white walls? Color. Pastel types, because they are comforting.

4.paperwork handed to you so you can be ready when called in, or filling out paper work with the person there? Paperwork handed to me. If it's so difficult that I need someone there with me, I'll skip those questions and ask once I'm taken back. I don't want to be there longer than necessary.

5. coffee accessible or just water? Just water. Coffee is complicated for me, as I only drink it with flavored creamers.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:01 PM on May. 30, 2010

• wide leather chairs are nice..couches are gross and if you have ever been pregnant they are a pain to get out of! Light colors are nice for the walls..no coffee it stinks and can make some people gag first thing in the morning...i dont like magazines to look at on the tables etc..bc they have been handled by losts of people and theres no telling whats lurking on them...and always make sure the tables are clean and dusted and that all the lamps have working light bulbs..
    Anonymous

• i like chairs because i dont want to sit too close to someone i dont know, i like to read tabloids like star and people, or parenting or pregnancy mags, i drink lots of water, no coffee, and definatly color on the walls.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:12 PM on May. 30, 2010