meat

I was making beef jerky on friday and didn't get to use all the meat (ran out of space) so I left it in the refrigerator and forgot about it until now. Would it still be ok to use the meat to make beef jerky? its been in a covered bowl all weekend.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Do it tonight and it should be fine. If it smells odd then no, but it's only been 2 days. I'd do it.
    Anonymous

• it smells soo good! (from the seasonings lol.) but it looks fine also.
    Anonymous

• Was there salt in the seasonings? If so, then the meat is probably still okay to use because salt is a preservative. You should jerky it right away and not let it sit any longer, though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on May. 31, 2010

• i'm sure there was salt in there somewhere. lol. but it would be too late. i already made it and ate it all. there wasn't much left of the meat.
    Anonymous