How much time should pass before I date again...

My husband of 5 years passed away about 2 years ago, I have 2 very small kids ( my daughter was 2 when it happened, and i was pregnant with my son, so they really dont have any memory of him), I am soooo incredibly lonely, that I feel like I do want a companion, but honestly I am mostly worried about what others will say or think , that it is too soon, or that they will doubt how much I loved him... I loved him with all of my heart and I know I always will miss him, but I just dont want to be alone anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well my mom moved someone else in after only 3 weeks so I have to say good for you for focusing on your kids. I'd say given that it's been 2 years going out on dates is not a bad thing. You do need time for you and you need other adult attention. I'm newly single and my #1 rule is I will never bring someone around my children unless it gets to a point I feel it could become serious.
    beautyqueen616

Answer by beautyqueen616 at 10:52 PM on May. 30, 2010

• dont worry about what others think. if you feel strong enough to go back into the dating scene, then i say go for it. I am really sorry that you lost your husband. that must have been so hard.
    honeybee429

Answer by honeybee429 at 10:52 PM on May. 30, 2010

• 2 years is more then enough time I would say. As long as you are comfortable with it... go fot it!! (((((hugs)))))

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:53 PM on May. 30, 2010

• beautyqueen -- that will definatly be one of my rules too...

*OP
    Anonymous

• In the olden days it was proper to wait a year. You have some catching up to do. I wouldn't have waited this long! Get back out there and be happy again

Answer by admckenzie at 10:53 PM on May. 30, 2010

• IF you are ready, it's time - there are no written rules about this stuff... If you aren't ready, then it's not time. Really, it's that simple.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:01 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I say get to know someone really well and just go really slow. Sometimes loneliness can make us too anxious too soon. As far as what others will think. It's your life and only you know how you feel. Those who would judge you are not walking in your shoes. You have to do what is right for you, you need time to get to really know this person so it will take a while before anyone should find out anyway. Best of luck.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:04 PM on May. 30, 2010