Would you think less of a teacher is they had "sexy pics" on the net....?

My daughters 2nd grade teacher has a myspace that isnt private... I was able to see all of her pics and info. There is probably over 500 pics of her partying ( doing beer bongs, group kissing, etc) and alot of her captions were sexual ( like talking about 3-somes) ...and wearing nearly nothing ( I could pretty much see her butt cheeks in the pics) ....she also has some pics that sometimes people do in an attempt to look sexy ( like posing in a sexy outfit, or pushing her arms together to give herself alot of clevage) .......

I mean she is an attractive person and she is only like 27 .... but I dont know, now she just doesnt seem very "teachery" and i feel uncomfortable ....but do you think that would make you feel different about your kids teacher when seeing that side of them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope, if she is a good teacher that is all that matters. What she does in her personal life is just that... PERSONAL. As long as it isn't effecting the kids, then it is none of my business.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:12 PM on May. 30, 2010

• teachers have gotten their certificates taken away for such things and are advised not to have social networking profiles for this reason. To answer your question, no, I wouldn't think any less of her. Her personal life is not necessarily a reflection of how well she is teaching. With that being said, she really needs to make her profile private! I think she is not being smart.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:13 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Yes I would and would also for anybody in a position of influence and accountablity.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:13 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Ditto SleepingBeautee!
    renniemom3

Answer by renniemom3 at 11:14 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Yes I would feel uncomfortable if I found pictures like that. I'm actually surprised the school doesn't already know about that because a lot of times now, your facebook, myspace, etc. is checked before you are even hired for a job. Whether or not she wants to be, she is a role model to her students, and the things you described are NOT role model material. I think you should let the school know about it. I'm sorry but what she does in her spare time is her own business, but she should at least refrain from putting it all over the internet so that it doesn't end up in the wrong hands, or being seen by the wrong eyes.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:14 PM on May. 30, 2010

• i would expect her to be human, but not so stupid as to have a public myspace profile...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:20 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I know teachers that are absolutely not allowed to have a social networking account. Not facebook or anything. That being said, I think it's her life, her choice to do so and doesn't speak to her ability to teach. But I do think that since teenagers are able to access these sites, she wouldn't want to put sexy pics on her pages.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:20 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I dont understand the first posters........ If a celeb ( britney spears for example) .....did/does those things.... she is wrong/slutty/horrible ..... why? because she is a role model..... same as a teacher

and yes I would not only think less of her ( 1. for the type of partying she is doing and for 2. How dumb she is for not making it private) ....i would call the school and let them know !
    Anonymous

• No, not if my child is only in 2nd grade. If I had a kid who was old enough for his/her own Myspace page and their teacher had a public profile like that than I'd be concerned but her students have no reason to be on the internet unsupervised. She's an adult and entitled to do adult things. So long as she is professional in the class room I'd have no issue with it. I'm 24 and I do occasionally get a weekend without my kids and I play beer pong and do Irish car bombs and have had a few blacked out nights. I also have lots of pics of me in barely there clothing and suggestive pics with my girlfriends though I'm not kissing any of them. There is one pic of my layed out across the laps of my husband, my ex boyfriend, and my best friend (all very attractive men) and I'm smoking a blunt in the pic. These times in my life do not make me a bad mother, no matter what you think. Because I take care of my kids.
    Anonymous

• yeah except those nights when your blacked out right, Anon:11:24 ?
    Anonymous