how long did you breastfeed, if at all?

and why did you stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 10 MONTHS. i thought it was time, plus i figured she would be walking soon and might pull up my shirt or something like that. Got her on a sippy with whole milk in just a few days. But man my boobs hurt SOOO bad for like forever! And they still do when a tiny infant is screaming their eyes out.
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 11:15 PM on May. 30, 2010

• 1 month milk dried up.
    Anonymous

• 3 weeks. because i had a c-section at 34 weeks, my son was premature and wasnt strong enough to completley breastfeed so i had to supplement with formula anyway, i had to breastfeed him with my boobs and then still pump every time to keep my milk going and my nipples stimulated so it was so much work ontop of not sleeping, & being in pain from the csection. i wanted to have a beer and i didnt want to have to worry about if the alcohol was still in my system, and i started smoking ciggerates again and didnt want to feed my baby nicotine. there was kind of alot of reasons .. most selfish, i know. im gonna try again harder next baby.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:15 PM on May. 30, 2010

• ds1- 6 months. He had severe reflux and the bottle was just easier
    dd & ds2 - both nurse for 15 months. They stopped because they were ready to stop.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:16 PM on May. 30, 2010

• 13 months with my oldest. My belly was to big and it was painful to continue because I was 8+ months pregnant...
    25 months with the youngest. He was over 2 and I was trying to get him to start putting himself to sleep - of course here we are, he's almost 3 and still sleeping with me...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:17 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Oldest, not at all.... second, two weeks... third six months and fourth two weeks

oldest, never started, second difficult time bf'ing, third... I pumped instead and the fourth I went in for surgery six weeks after having her.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 11:17 PM on May. 30, 2010

• My son is 10 months old and we are still going. He only nurses between 3 and 5 times a day now so around his first birthday I plan to have him completely weaned or only nursing at night. I just feel like its time.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:22 PM on May. 30, 2010

• One month, and due to nutritional concerns of my own I decided to stop and that formula would be best for her. I wasn't able to eat the best and wanted to make sure she was getting all she needed.
    MissMommyK

Answer by MissMommyK at 11:23 PM on May. 30, 2010

• First was 13 months and she weaned herself. Second she's two months now and going strong.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 11:23 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I am still going at 10 months old though supplementing with an organic formula when needed because my work schedule sucks and some days i can't pump enough. When i am home he nurses only and is a big healthy baby. I will go for over a year if it works out.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 11:28 PM on May. 30, 2010