Is there any other couples like me and my hubby or am I weird?

I grew up in a smart ass family as did my hubby. Even though we've been blissfully married for almost 8 years and have three beautiful children I'll randomly look at him and say, "You know, I think I might just file for divorce today." I'll also tell him he's a dick all the time, I don't shy away from pointing out the times he's being an asshole, I sometimes tackle him for no reason, when he's acting stupid I'll tell him he's an idiot, or just plain being gay. I've also threatened to harm him physically though we both know I'd never win in a fight, given that he is a trained fighter. He does the same things to me and was raised in a similar family. We make fun of each other all the time, of course we don't talk that way in front of our kids, but when its just us or when were around friends it's constant smart ass remarks, crude comments, lame and offensive jokes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ....we have our sweet moments too. We can both be passionate and romantic and we're very affectionate.
    Anonymous

• We are the same way.... married seven years in November this year. I miss tackeling him since my accident, I can't walk anymore. He even tells me to get up and walk and get it myself.....
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 11:19 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I thinks there's nothing wrong with a good sense of humor in a relationship. My DH and I do and say similar things to each other, but maybe not to the extreme that you and your DH do. If you guys are "blissfully happy", then don't worry about it!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:21 PM on May. 30, 2010

• My husband and I don't do things like that (mainly because I have no sense of humor), but we have our own special way of communicating. We have our fun time.It is good that you two have found each other and can get alone and both understand each other. That is so key in a relationship.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:22 PM on May. 30, 2010

• You guys sound like the perfect couple,,,,iM so jealous
    Anonymous

• If you're strange than so am I lol
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:24 PM on May. 30, 2010

• God that sounds just like me and DH. LOL. I don't think you're weird at all.
    MissMommyK

Answer by MissMommyK at 11:25 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Nope, not weird. We call each other names all the time (away from DD) and to an outsider it may seem terrible, but we know what it's all about.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:31 PM on May. 30, 2010

• no its not weird, and as your kids grow you will naturally include them in word games etc BUT.. here's a warning for you - my DH's family is similar to this but they can get pretty nasty with it, and I come from the "Leave it to Beaver" type family. When we first got married I found it incredibly hard to handle family get togethers, visits and holidays. I was not used to being at a table where it was just constant put downs and ridicule. My DH could not understand what I was struggling with, cos it's normal to him. He would make little snips at me and I'd get all offended. I have relaxed, they have lost some of the viciousness, but keep in mind as your kids grow and get partners, the partners may not understand or enjoy your sense of humour, not because they are snobby or superior, they are just not used to it. Good Luck
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 11:41 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Sometimes but I'd rather keep it clean bc he can chop me down I wouldn't want to be put in a situation where he gets the last word bc I couldn't come up with something...lol
    Anonymous