How do I really know she is ready to potty train?

I have been getting lots of pressure from the in law to push potty training, even though hubby and I don't feel she is ready. She will be 3 in Sept. I know it is ultimately up to us, I just really want to do right by my daughter. Everything else has come so easily to her, and we see tikes younger than her all the time that go potty. I have read all the things that show us the sign and she show some, but when i talk to her about going potty and staying dry, I don't see the understanding in her like I do with other things. Can someone please help us, i'm at my wits end.

mellowlellow

Asked by mellowlellow at 11:20 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• get her a potty and start taking her. my 3 yr old has been tained for almost a year. if she shows some signs and is willing to learn she can probably get it if you are patient and really stick to it. if she just really does not get it, take a break and pick it back up in a few weeks.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:24 AM on May. 31, 2010