Should I send my child to an all girl boarding school?

My 17 year old has been making decisions right now that could ruin her life. She has been dabbling with drinking, premarital sex and hanging around a not so good group of kids. Her grades have gone down as well. I am due in 8 weeks with a little baby. My husband travel a lot and I am not sure if I can keep an eye on her or give her the help she needs right now. this school can help her get her grades up, teach her good work ethics, etc.....I have talked to a leader in my church he said what she needs is a lot of family love around her right no not t send her away.. I am so confused as to what to do , whatever I choose can affect her future.. ....any thoughts???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Some people never seem to amaze me.Anyways,what your going through is obviously really tough on you right now and you need to talk to someone that will not judge you but talk to you straight.If you want you can always message me,I can try and not only listen but give some advice.I wish there were more supportive non judging people on here,but the fact is when ever there is a topic like this about teen's people are going to come in here & make you feel lower than you already probably do.I am going to be starting a group for parents to teens that arent perfect.Because I am sure their are plenty of mothers on here that have real life situations where their children are hard to handle.Not all of us live in a house surrounded by roses.Your daughter is acting out,and you need to check it now before it gets worse.Dont just give up on her,thats not the answer. Set the rules,& then if she keeps it up,you may have to.she is almost 18.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 3:00 AM on May. 31, 2010

• If you want your daughter to lose all respect for you and ruin your entire relationship - go ahead and send her away...

I just hope you understand that the majority of those "boarding schools" are worse than public school when it comes to drinking, drugs and sex...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on May. 31, 2010

• She's 17, her father is away on business, her mother is having a new child. She's probably feeling rejected, replaced, unwanted, and like she has no one to turn to but her friends. The more you tell her not to, the more she'll do it. In my opinion, tell her how you feel- tell her to use protection if she's having sex, that you don't think her friends are the best, and that you don't like her drinking. You don't want to ruin her life, but she's almost an adult and you'll let her make her own decisions. Then do it! When she sees you care, and respect her, she'll turn around pretty quick. (This advice is coming from a 19 year old, who had a similiar situation.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on May. 31, 2010

• i wouldnt send her away, especially not if she doesnt want to go. shes 17, shes almost an adult. is she having sex with a boyfriend or just random people? if its a boyfriend, i dont see a problem with it as long as shes protectrinked. i dont really think drinking is that big of a deal either as long as shes not driving.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:10 AM on May. 31, 2010

• WHAT SHE NEED IS A BIG ASS BUSTING !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on May. 31, 2010

• Sending her away so someone else can raise her and give her discipline and guidance is not the answer. You need to put on some big girl panties and be a parent to your daughter. Set firm and consistent boundaries. Sex is NOT ok while she's living under your roof. Neither is drinking, drug use, etc. She WILL go to school everyday and do her required assignments. She will come home when she is supposed to.

She will respect you more for putting your foot down, than to act like PUPULbuttefrly-having an "anything goes" attitude.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on May. 31, 2010

• seek support from professionals !!!! Even in your church there are professionals. If not then go through your insurance.
    hairdame

Answer by hairdame at 12:49 AM on May. 31, 2010