If bathing your dogs too often is bad, How about just getting them wet?

It has been very hot here lately in (TX) I have been keeping my dogs cool when I am getting them their water they come over to me and I get a pitcher and start pouring water on them from head to tail and of course they get me wet bc they shake it off...lol
Anyway I am just curious I don't bathe them often but I have been wetting them and since it is so hot they run around and rub themselves in the grass and dry off some how.
is this bad for them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on May. 31, 2010 in Pets

• My dog has been sitting in the pool.

I think it's fine. Last summer in TX also I took a hose to my dog daily. He loved it and he wasn't affected ny it at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on May. 31, 2010

• It isn't the water that affects your dog's skin. Its the shampoo. As long as you aren't bathing your dog daily then its okay.

In fact, when dogs have been left in cars or have suffered heat stroke, they use water to cool them down.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 10:42 AM on May. 31, 2010

• Acid is right! I have a kiddy pool for my dogs outside they LOVE IT. My boston terriror is in it all day long..lol
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:55 PM on May. 31, 2010

• My Boston loves to lay down on the top step in our pool she cools her self off and then goes about her merry way. She will usually they lay in the mulch to dry off. Yuck. She then lays down in the shade to chill out. The pug gets down on the first step too, she usually drinks the water. She won't lay down so much though.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:25 PM on May. 31, 2010

• my boston lays down in her pool to :) she is soo cute oh and if we have the water hose out she attacks it.. lol just goes crazy!!!!!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:52 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• yes water is perfectly fine. The soaps are what strips the oils from their fur. We do hoses sprinklers and a kiddy pools and our dogs also go swimming in the pond (which at that point smell like a fish and really do need a bath though lol ) but anyhow ya thats fine and keeping them nice and wet and cool is actually very good so it may prevent them from having a heat stroke.
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 1:12 PM on Jun. 1, 2010