What can I use fruit cake mix for?

A friend brought over fruit cake mix as a gift and I have no idea what to do with it. Not sure I want to make fruit cake (the recipe calls for tons of stuff besides the mix). I tried googling it but nothing is giving me recipes for using a pre-made mix. The mix has small pieces of fruit in it - it's not dry. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on May. 31, 2010 in Food & Drink

• use it for bird food? maybe mix it in with regular cake mix and turn it into cupcake mix?? If it doesn't work out- whatever, you're only out a few bucks.... maybe it will taste really good!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:29 AM on May. 31, 2010

• Eww. Either make it or toss it. Or put it in a bin for a food pantry. Or, hehee, make it and have the friend over for coffee & cake ;).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on May. 31, 2010

• You could make fruit cake cookies.

Mix a little flour into the fruit cake mix. Drop on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees until golden brown.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 12:30 AM on May. 31, 2010

• How about muffins? Make the mix as directed (w/out all the extra stuff), maybe throw in some chopped pecans or drained crushed pineapple (or both, I'm a pecan/pineapple freak). Bake them like cupcakes, maybe even put some glaze on them. They actually sound like they might be good with coffee right now :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:33 AM on May. 31, 2010