How can I believe?

I go to a Lutheran Church and was raised going to church once or twice a month. I want to believe in God/Heaven, etc- but I am having a hard time doing so. I want to be faithful- but I don't know what I am missing and why I can't "feel" the religion in my life. Any advice??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on May. 31, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would say try a new church. I used to be catholic but found my place at a christian church. There is a huge difference in all the churches out there. It might take a while to find the one that suits you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on May. 31, 2010

• seek your spirit first then if there is a religion that calls to you so be it. knowledge is power and clearity read all you can listen to your inner voice then you will know
    hairdame

Answer by hairdame at 12:57 AM on May. 31, 2010

• Just believe what you believe and the rest will follow. You can still attend church but you don't have to believe in everything they say. I was raised luthern, but never really believed. I'm now buddhist and practice on my own. I just could never grasp the whole blind faith. We still attend church so my children have a chance to make their own decision, but that's about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on May. 31, 2010

• sometimes when people are forced into church or religion as kids, this can happen. its natural to want to find your own way to God. So thats what ya do, you have a 'god" adventure. visit churches, read things, research different faiths and see what speaks to you. I did and couldnt be happier. once I found a place and a church that I felt like I was at home there, the faith came easier. and dont let anyone tell you God is mad that you are not among what i call the "frozen chosen" dont let people say its not ok to question-ppfffftttt God is tough, he can take it lol. He will jsut wait until you are ready to come home...and hopefully blow the roof off your life with joy. good luck to you and I hope you find something to believe in :).
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:59 AM on May. 31, 2010

• My advice is do some soul searching. Try to figure out exactly WHY you are having issues believing or what it is that you really truly do believe in... And go from there. With the myriad of religious choices out there both in and out side of Christianity there is really something for everyone. A relationship with God is a very personal thing, and if you aren't finding your answers where you are, then the first step is to find out WHY. What part of THIS path isn't fitting you and then you can find out how to change or where to go for the right answers.

Good luck.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:22 AM on May. 31, 2010

• You shouldn't be trying to feel "religion". People put far too much emphasis on "going to church" and "being religious". Religion is not faith. You just need to look inside of you and find your own path to God.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:24 AM on May. 31, 2010

• Get back in touch with the relationship that you have with God. I too agree that people focus too much on a religion and not a relationship.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:28 AM on May. 31, 2010

• honesty what you are missing is who is God and what your purpose in life is... want to know your purpose in life? who is God? read...this click here

read from Surah 1 to Surah 114 in i tts entirety before making up your mind.

that is what i did to believe, change my life and secure a place in the hereafter that will not torment for all eternity

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 AM on May. 31, 2010

• people who believe you can have a relationship with God without his religion are mistaken no matter how good intended they are and no matter how satisfied they may feel with this. God did not leave us without instruction. the issue for us is finding where the truth lies and that is hard because people refuse to look beyond what they know, believe, parents taught them ie... a relationship with God begins with knowing who God is and what your purpose in life is. see above for a link
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:18 AM on May. 31, 2010

• Perhaps you are intelligent enough and fulfilled enough in your life and don't NEED religion or god. Stop looking for something deep down you have no real desire or use for. Be happy- love, trust and have faith in yourself- that is all people REALLY need.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:30 AM on May. 31, 2010