If you recieve disablitiy, shouldn't it be because you can't work due to being disabled?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on May. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• there are many different ways to be disabled and I am certainly not qualified to judge who is and isnt.there is alot of criteria that has to be met to recieve diability benefits, and believe me its not a walk in the park nor is it anyones proudest moment.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:01 AM on May. 31, 2010

• Yes, but they do allow you to work a little. It is limited though. Certainly if you are disabled you do not have the ability to work a full time job and be able to support yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on May. 31, 2010

• It is limited, I am 40% disabled from my military rating. I can still work, but I can't stand for long periods of time and employers have to take that into account if they hire me. I worked fast food and I was allowed short breaks to stretch out. I was still a good worker. Now if I was 100% rated, I would not be allowed to work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on May. 31, 2010

• there are some disabilities that are automatic If the disability will result in death. Like End stage renal disease, which is what I have. Eventually it will kill me. I can work part time, but not full because of what I have to do to live. I have dialysis three times a week and it pretty much washes me out. I will sleep for 20hrs straight after dialysis. But you CAN'T get disability unless you have been classified as such in most cases.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:27 AM on May. 31, 2010

• Thank you bearsjen. You are so right, something I am not proud of at all, and the process is terrible!

there are many different ways to be disabled and I am certainly not qualified to judge who is and isnt.there is alot of criteria that has to be met to recieve diability benefits, and believe me its not a walk in the park nor is it anyones proudest moment

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:29 AM on May. 31, 2010