Sex change question.......What would you do if you found out your son or daughter....

wanted to become the opposite gender? And they went to the extent of surgery.

I wouldn't beable to disown my child. You are who you are.

What are everyone elses takes on this? just curious, no drama

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on May. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm the same way. I can't disown my child. My love for my children aren't based on their gender or sexual preference. And I feel that's how most people should feel.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:10 AM on May. 31, 2010

• I'd love my babies no matter what!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on May. 31, 2010

• I would love my child no matter what but that is not something I am sure I could accept. I would still love them just not who they chose to be
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 2:15 AM on May. 31, 2010

• Obviously it would be weird but I agree..you are who you are. There is not many things that I can think of that are as sad as living a life where you feel different than what you look like. I can't imagine if someone put me in a man's body right now.. it's so sad to me!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 2:17 AM on May. 31, 2010

• I would first make sure they were educated on the process, if it was still something they wanted I would support them 100%. I love my children unconditionally, I have always encouraged my kids to express themselves and made sure they know I will support their choices in life.
    Kathy-PSPR

Answer by Kathy-PSPR at 2:53 AM on May. 31, 2010

• My sister used to be my brother. She is a far better woman than she ever was a man. If it were my child, yes it would be hard, but being that I am a lesbian, I have no right to dictate who or what my child was to become. Although I have often told her to go the guy route please.... my lifestyle is not all fun and games... And I would love my child and anyone else in my family should they choose a different way to live. I am no ones judge jury nor executioner....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on May. 31, 2010

• I would have no issue with it since I am transgender too.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:48 AM on May. 31, 2010

• I would help them get all the information they needed and support whatever choice they made 100%. Love has nothing to do with what sex someone is... If they were in the wrong body, I would do all I could to make sure they got the right one!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:59 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I would not disown or stop loving my child, but I would probably feel a disconnection with them psychologically after having raised them as a girl since they were born. I would have to have counselling to learn how to go through the changes with my child, as I am sure they would need help, too, to learn how to "come out" once the operation and transformation was complete.
    Since I have never gone through this experience, I am only presuming what my reaction would be.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:18 AM on Jun. 1, 2010