If CAFEMOM decided to get rid of the ANON option , would you still come onto CM?

why or why not?

Would you use it less, answer less questions?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 3:11 AM on May. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would stay on Cafemom with or without the anonymous option. However, I think the anonymous option should stay, because I believe it does help someone who may need some advice on personal or private matters that they may not seem comfortable asking unless they can use the anonymous.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 8:07 AM on May. 31, 2010

• I would come back. I think more people need to stand up for there own opinions. I hate having a pushy anon riding my ass all throughout a question just because they want to be hateful.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:19 AM on May. 31, 2010

• I don't hit the anon button even if my opinion is the opposite of the other moms. I stand behind what I say/type LOL.. I think cafemom would be a nicer place for the most part if the anon button was gone.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:22 AM on May. 31, 2010

• I don't use the anon button either. I did on a previous profile, but decided that I was using it to be a chicken, and not have to stand by my words. I am much happier with my responses now because I have to think them through.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:24 AM on May. 31, 2010

• I would come on the site again but I would avoid posting very personal questions. There are people on here who I know personally like friends, relatives etc. When I ask a question anonymously I do it so that they won't know who I am. Some months ago, I asked about a very personal situation in the bedroom with my husband. My MIL was a member beck then so the anon button came in handy!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 3:47 AM on May. 31, 2010

• I wish they would keep it in the question part. My questions have been embarrasing. I also answer in anon on sexual questions because it too is embarrasing.
    janel09

Answer by janel09 at 4:18 AM on May. 31, 2010

• I would absolutely still come to cm. I wouldn't be answering some of the really personal questions, though. Somehow, it is easier to answer those with the anon button, when the answers can be somewhat embarrassing.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 4:27 AM on May. 31, 2010

• I very rarely use the anon button. Usually, when I do, it's because someone has asked a question about a serious issue, and even then I don't post anon, unless it's something that I have experienced as well, but is something that's intensely personal and I don't choose to share with others, but I think that the op might be able to get some comfort or benefit from my experiences with whatever it was. lol - does that make sense?

99% of the time though I don't post anon. If I have something to say, I shouldn't be too ashamed to say it. Besides, honestly, there are very few people on here who know me in real life, so what difference does it make if someone on here knows I think __ or __. The people on here that do know me in person aren't going to be surprised or offended over my comments, and they aren't likely to end a friendship over a comment here, so....
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:19 AM on May. 31, 2010

• I would be really unlikely to ask or answer very personal questions.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:35 AM on May. 31, 2010

• I have friends in groups so I would stay. I would no longer answer or ask any questions in this section.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on May. 31, 2010