What do I do to make my baby's teething less painful?

Isn't there anything else I can do apart from giving him chewing toys?

mom_of_justin

Asked by mom_of_justin at 9:19 AM on May. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you tryed to chill his teething toys in the freezer. the coolness of the toys brings down the swelling or you can give him a cool clean wet rag.
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 9:25 AM on May. 31, 2010

• Baby Orajel has been our savior, my daughters two fron teeth were coming in at the same time so we would rub her down with the orajel, then give her the correct amount of tylenol, she was able to relax and get some relief and so were we. We also found a teething toy that vibrates and she loved that too, I actually found ot at Safeway (local supermarket) it shaped like a bundle of grapes. Good luck, it's rough on Mom and Dad but it's rougher on them.... =)
    I also found that she has been much easier to sooth in that area since we began "brushing" her gums at bathtime from birth so her gums were pretty tough and she was used to us rubbing them.
    Liz30355

Answer by Liz30355 at 2:47 PM on May. 31, 2010