What does "squirrel" mean?

I asked this question:

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/423691/I_hate_the_movie_UP_My_kids_love_it_but_it_always_makes_me_cry_and_feel_depressed_Anyone_else?cat_id=&next=21#r_foot

and some of the moms answered "squirrel". Why?? I know what the little furry creatures are but I dont understand its relevance to the question. Thanks in advance.

lowencope

Asked by lowencope at 9:27 AM on May. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Its what doug and the other dogs say through out the movie. I love the movie!

Once there was a squirrel and it died. Its funny because the squirrel is dead!
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:29 AM on May. 31, 2010

• OH, you know I didn't pay that much attention to the movie cuz I hated it! LOL.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:31 AM on May. 31, 2010

• The joke is that dogs are so set on chasing squirrels that they will drop what they are doing to look/chase a squirrel at the mere mention of a squirrel.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:33 AM on May. 31, 2010

• I use the word squirrel from the movie bc I have ADHD and it only takes a second to distract me, like when the dog gets distracted. If you notice, he's talking then something distracts him and he says "Squirrel" and goes off on a tangent. I do that! lol It's hard for my family to keep up with me in conversations due to that (thoughts distract me from one conversation topic to another and they don't know when I switch gears). When I can catch myself switching topics I say "squirrel" so they know I'm off and running on another subject. Gosh I love that movie Up.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:35 AM on May. 31, 2010