anyone ever had a child or has a child now that goes down for naps very easy?

recently i been putting down my daughter she is 14months old very easy. i ask her do you want a nap and she says yes and i give her a paci and put her in the crib and close the light and she goes to sleep. is this unusual at this age or is this in the norm? i am starting to do this at night time too. so far so good not that much protest if she is really tired.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 9:50 AM on May. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had a friend turn me onto the book Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child when my DD was born. Sleep had always been an issue w/ my DS, but because I handled sleepiness right with my DD, I've never had issues getting her to sleep. We have a 2 week old now, and I plan on following the same ideas again and hopefully I'll have another easy sleeper.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 9:53 AM on May. 31, 2010

• Bedtime is a nightmare but nap time I ask him if he is ready to go upstairs and he runs to the gate and waits for me to take it down, then he goes up to his room, climbs on his bed and gathers his blankets around him. I tell him goodnight, go to the bathroom and then say again goodnight again when I come out and that's when he lays down. He just turned two.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on May. 31, 2010

• op here, i just started asking her. i wasn't sure she undestood until she comes up to me for me to pick her up and i put her down. i am enjoying it.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:05 AM on May. 31, 2010

• I would not say its normal but who cares? lol who cares!!!!! My 1 yr old is back and forth, somedays its easy others I swear he wants me to break. But I have a theory its how you approuch bedtime. if its casual and taught as a good thing as in"woohooo get a good snooze so we can play more" versus"lay down and go to bed" the child learns sleep is a good thing. not only that but they learn that with sleep they still get to get up and play, and havent missed anyting. thats the issue with some who cant nap, their brains are taking in so much all the time, to ask them to shut that off suddenly and just SLEEP isnt always possible. then mom gets mad and frustrated which in tern frustrates the child, stimulating them more. sorry for the tangent lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:05 AM on May. 31, 2010

• Yes he is extremely easy. It didn't start until recently when we switched him to the toddler bed. Before he would cry for at least 5 mins every time i would lay him down. But now i say "are you ready to go to sleep" he says yeah and runs to his bed. We sing him abc's, cut the light off and he is knocked out.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:08 AM on May. 31, 2010

• btw he is 21 months though. So I don't know if it is normal already at her age but it doesn't matter that is a good thing.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:09 AM on May. 31, 2010

• my youngest is almost 2.5 and she still goes down very easily for bedtime and naptime. She has never gave me a hardtime about going to bed. My 5 year old however always have me a hardtime about taking naps or going to bed at night. She doesn't take naps anymore though. She stopped taking naps at about 1.5 then bedtime I cannot get her to go to bed at night takes me until 10 or 11 to get her to sleep.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:20 AM on May. 31, 2010

• My son is 18 months and has really never cried when I laid him down for naps or at night. Just one quick word of advice from a mom of 4 - never ask a child if they want to do something that really isn't an option!

Answer by missanc at 10:48 AM on May. 31, 2010

• All of my kids go down easy. I've never stuck to a sleeping plan, they just sleep. My oldest goes potty, gets a story and covers and goes to sleep. My middle daughter gets her bink and covers and goes to sleep and my youngest gets nursed and goes to sleep. I think I have had maybe 10 sleepless nights in the 4 years since I've had children.
    mommyof2grls06

Answer by mommyof2grls06 at 11:20 AM on May. 31, 2010

• My daughter used to be easy. Bedtime I would just give her a quick snack/bottle when really young, kiss her, hug her, give her a paci before six months...and off to dreamland she went. Naptime I would wait til I could tell she was very tired, tell her naptime, put her down and off she went. Rarely she would fuss for a minute or two...but then she'd drift off on her own. I say enjoy it! Not sure if it's normal, but for my dd anyway it didn't last forever! Now at two and a half, getting her to take a nap is like pulling teeth!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 11:21 AM on May. 31, 2010