My son-8 months old- had a bleeding nose last night.

No reason, just woke up at 4am as he regularly does and his nose was bleeding. Is this something to worry about or does it happen?

mom_of_justin

Asked by mom_of_justin at 10:35 AM on May. 31, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Usually when I get a bloody nose it's because of dry air.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on May. 31, 2010

• Use a humidifier, sleep him on his side of possible tonight. Sometimes, putting Vaseline on a q-tip and rubbing it inside his nostrils will help too. If it continues to happen, tell his doc. They can send him to an ear, nose and throat specialist who can take care of it. They can cauterize the blood vessels in his nose and the bleeding usually goes away. My son went thru this from infancy on...until we had the blood vessels fixed about a year ago. He's 9 now and we've only had 1 nosebleed since.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on May. 31, 2010

• what the hell.. FIX BLOOD VESSELS? ive never heard of that!! lol i thought they were normal.being in ariz where its sohot and dry. i got them many times as a kid!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:34 PM on May. 31, 2010

• yeah, my kids also have that ever since they were babies. Doctor can fix that but I'm not sure if they are ready for it. I think I better ask the doctor on our next check up. I'm tired of seeing blood on the sink and floor or bloody tissues. It's yucky.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 2:12 AM on Jun. 3, 2010