Would you buy something that's on sale, even if you don't need it?

If you saw something that you regularly use, but don't need at the moment, on sale and you were on a limited budget, would you buy it? Things like vacuum bags, paper towels, shampoo, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on May. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ...no...if i don't need it, i don't buy it.
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 10:47 AM on May. 31, 2010

• Yes, if it's something I normally buy. I know it's going to get used and if I can get a deal on it today, then I'm saving money in the long run because I won't have to buy it again at the regular price down the road.
    FrogSalad

Answer by FrogSalad at 10:50 AM on May. 31, 2010

• If it was something I know I'd need in the near future, yes. Sales don't last that long and who knows if I'd be able to get a deal for it when I do need it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on May. 31, 2010

• HAHA yes i do or i will see a toy that is reg. $99 for like $20 my child will not even want it but i buy it b/c it says was $99 (or whatever) My SO hates when i say oh look at this it was blah blah lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on May. 31, 2010

• Yes, I do if I know I am going to need it eventually. I just bought coffee that I didn't need yet but $2 is $2! :)
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:08 AM on May. 31, 2010

• Yes

Answer by admckenzie at 11:18 AM on May. 31, 2010

• I buy a lot of items on sale if they're items I can stock up on and use in the future. I work it into my budget though. If I needed something else and couldn't work the sale item into my budget I wouldn't buy it. I also like to keep my eye open for sale items that I also have coupons for.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 11:19 AM on May. 31, 2010

• I guess it depends on how limited my budget was. More than likely, if it was something I usually buy, then yeah, probably.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 11:24 AM on May. 31, 2010

• Absolutely! Just because I don't need it right away, if it will keep until I do need it, I buy it and feel happy about the deal.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:54 AM on May. 31, 2010

• Yes. I love to have stock in stuff. That way if a month hits we are having more trouble than normal, we don't have to worry about buying shampoo, laundry soap, or what ever.
    Anonymous