What's it like when a baby is teething?

Are they always upset? Or are they still happy sometimes? I'm so worried that my baby is going to be miserable 24/7 when he is teething.

acurran88

Asked by acurran88 at 10:56 AM on May. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With my DD, she was only fussy here and there. She'd wake up occasionally at night crying but nothing too serious, I could always rock her back to sleep easily. She drooled and chewed on everything ALOT though. She only has her 2 bottom teeth but that's how she was with those.
    Every baby is different though.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:04 AM on May. 31, 2010

• some babies are better than others. my dd cried a lot when her teeth were coming in. but one of my friends kids just all of a sudden had teeth. he didnt scream or anything. just be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:15 AM on May. 31, 2010

• It varies with all babies.
    Generally, their molars are the ones that'll give them the most problem. My son was awesome when he was teething, we wouldn't have even known if they didn't start breaking out of his gums.
    With his molars, he did break out in a fever a couple times, and he was a little crankier.
    He drooled like a fiend throughout his entire teething spell.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 11:17 AM on May. 31, 2010

• It definitely depends on the baby. My niece is really fussy and clingy when she's teething. My daughter on the other hand, I only know she's teething when I see the teeth almost ready to break through the gum.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:03 PM on May. 31, 2010