Obama's Memorial day plans - do you think his priorities are in line?

Being that we are still at war, do you think it is fitting for Obama to go to Illinois this weekend and NOT visit Arlington National Cemetery? He is sending Biden in his place.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on May. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• *headdesk*

HE'S GOING TO A DIFFERENT CEMETERY! There are a lot of dead vets other places too, you know.

Seriously, why is it so important that he only goes to Arlington? Why do people think this is such a crisis and yet didn't think Bush Sr not going at all EVER on memorial day can be just shrugged off?

You don't like Obama. We get it. GET OVER IT.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on May. 31, 2010

• You failed to mention that he is visiting a national cemetery in Illinois. Those dead soldiers are every bit as important as the soldiers at Arlington and quite a few other presidents have not spoke at Arlington including Republicans.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 11:56 AM on May. 31, 2010

• You don't like Obama. We get it. GET OVER IT.

This is exactly it. Obama haters have bitched about every single thing he has done from the day he announced that he was running for President.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 11:58 AM on May. 31, 2010

• i'm with them.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:59 AM on May. 31, 2010

• Arlington is not the only place where our dead soldiers rest.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 12:03 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I feel that he chose to uphold his "campaign" promise of visiting Chicago every so often over going to Arlington National Cemetery. Yes, he will make a stop to a cemetery while on his vacation to Chicago, but I think it would have been more tasteful to honor such a historic place such as Arlington.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 12:04 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Why, thundernlight? Why is one cemetery of dead soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines more important than another? Why should it only be tasteful to visit the ones in Arlington? ALL should be recognized and remembered.
    Anonymous

• how's this your business? what the does with or without his family on his vac day is his business, geesh. what did you do on your vac dy so i can reem you for that?
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:09 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I really don't care where he goes. I would rather see him deal with the problems at hand than go for photo shoots and speeches, regardless of where they are at.
    MunchMunch

Answer by MunchMunch at 12:11 PM on May. 31, 2010

• sigh...ok, I'll explain, anon...

Arlington has former Presidents, Chief Justices, 5-star generals, honorary war vets, famous explorers, astronauts, historical figures, etc. etc. etc. I'm not saying one life is more valuable than another, I am saying that Arlington has a higher population and longer history buried there that truly represents everything that the President should honor and value. Also, being so close to the White House, I believe that EVERY president should honor this day at Arlington.
    That's my opinion. Have you ever been there ANON? I have, and I've been to MANY others too. In my opinion, it is by far the most moving...
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 12:22 PM on May. 31, 2010