Is my daughter having Seperation Anxiety?

My husband is a travling RN and I'm a SAHM to our 2-yr old daughter along our travels. We didn't have a problem with this at his last assignment b/c he worked during the day and was at home by 7:30 each night. However, this go-round, he's working nights (3-4 nights a wk). Our daughter has clung to me like glue! She wants Mommy ALL the time. She chases me to the bathroom if I want to take a shower while he's home screaming and crying! It's almost like my husband isn't even in the room at all. She only wants me. She's currently an only child, so we're her playmates right now, but I'd like a little bit of a breather when he's home. She cries for me when he tries to put her to bed (he tries to help take the load off me at nap/bedtime on his nights off). I feel like a total dog for walking out of the room. #1: I don't want him to feel like she loves him less. #2: I don't want her to feel I'm abandoning her. HELP!!!!!

brittynicjones

Asked by brittynicjones at 11:57 AM on May. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my dd has always been like that. she is 3. we are just a lot closer than her and daddy. she use to be like that. but at some point you have to just walk away and let him deal with it. i did and now she doesnt cry or scream if i tell her daddy is going to do whatever it is for her. and she is starting to even ask him for things instead of just me.
    you also need to make sure there is not a reason behind why she is doing this though.
    Anonymous

• my almost 2 yr old does this to with her dad.. have dad feed her and read to her.mabe bring her homw a toy...she probaly is just mad at him for being gone.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:41 PM on May. 31, 2010