Would you stay?

Would you stay with a man if he barely helped with your child? Physically AND financially. If you've felt like a single mom for the 8 months since she was born? If he spent all day with his friends and only the 5 minutes before bed or none at all because he goes to bed after you are already asleep? If you try talking to him and he gets mad and blames everything on you? If even on good days, he isn't nice with the tone of his voice? If it seems the only time he is truely nice is when he wants sex?

What would YOU do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't stay, I stayed with my ex who was like that for way too long. Now I have a guy who will hug and kiss me just because and call me just because and kiss me good bye! He always thanks me and tells me he appreciates me. There's better out there! Not everyone has a lot of money or time, but it's what you do with that money and time that matters.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't stay. But yet again a lot of women/men don't get to see their SO as often as they would want. But if you are feeling like the love is gone, then you should go and be happy.
    Anonymous

• I would sit him down and ask if something is bothering him, if there is see if you can work it out if you want to stay. If not then pack up and leave if you feel like its not worth saving or if he doesn't want to work it out.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 12:12 PM on May. 31, 2010

• this happened to me. exactly this. and i left. i told him exactly why in a neutral tone, i packed me and my dd and went to my moms. i dated someone else, as did he. and not a year later we were back together, because we remained friends. our dd is 3 now and we are fixing to get married (after this baby is born). he is the best husband i could ask for. i trust him and he trusts me. we are seriously like best friends. it took a lot for us to work things out but it took us leaving for him to realize he wanted both of us with him all the time.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:20 PM on May. 31, 2010

• No I wouldn't stay and be treated like that

Answer by admckenzie at 12:34 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Find the exit............ and scram!!!
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 12:39 PM on May. 31, 2010

• i would leave it does not get better.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:22 PM on May. 31, 2010

• No.He sounds like a horrible example for your child.
    From2to3

Answer by From2to3 at 5:29 PM on May. 31, 2010

• i'd leave. if he doesn't help you at all with your child then what's he there for? you don't need him. you already proved to yourself you can be a single mom. even if you're in a relationship sometimes it feels like you're all alone. i'd leave because you and your daughter deserve better.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 6:18 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Nope...he sounds pretty selfish.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 7:38 PM on May. 31, 2010