Anyone ever vacationed in Myrtle Beach?

Just wondering if it's a nice spot to vacation with the family.

newmomma14

Asked by newmomma14 at 12:03 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes i have . great place
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 12:04 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I used to live there. It is a wonderful place for families. I can't wait to someday move back there.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 12:04 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Northcarolina?
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 12:05 PM on May. 31, 2010

• im sorry south carolina
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 12:06 PM on May. 31, 2010

• It is, but i suggest going to NORTH Myrtle beach. The southern section is filled with huge hotels & there is people EVERYwhere. In the northern half, it's a lot more calm & relaxed. You'll find more mom & pop hotels over there rather than huge high rises on every block (there are a few of those too, but not nearly as many)

North Myrtle beach is more relaxing

South Myrtle beach is where the big ole party is at. Just an FYI. I'll never go to South Myrtle beach, too crazy over there for me.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:07 PM on May. 31, 2010

• yes great place... dixie stampede heck we even stayed at a hotel that had a lazy river.. google it and see they have so much t do there
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:07 PM on May. 31, 2010

• It is great if your children are older. Go to the ripleys haunted mansion and the theater near it they have 3-D shows where the chairs move and the wind blows if it is raining in the movie you get rained on. Cant remember the name but it was awesome.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 12:09 PM on May. 31, 2010

• We had a family reunion there aug of 03.... i was very disappointed and was NOT impressed. First off the weather was so horribly stifling that the kids could barely play out side. The town was VERY run down and there was little to do. The beaches were NOT groomed and the beach dropped off so quickly that the younger kids couldnt play in the water much. I will not go back.

I do have to put a disclaimer in that we are from San Diego so we are a bit spoiled when it comes to beach cities. So if you are coming from the mid west and are used to the humidity and dont really have experience with the beach, you may like it.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Samurai. My husband and I went to South Myrtle Beach last year and as soon as we got there, there was a teen couple having sex in the lazy river outside our window. There is nothing but drunk people 24/7. The beaches are super crowded. I wouldn't take my daughter there for a vacation. North Myrtle Beach is much nicer in terms of having the family frolicking on the sand...and it is still plenty close for any of the shows and activities you want to do there.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 12:50 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I agree about the South Myrtle Beach area! Also, check and see when BIKE week is. Uggg....we went there one time during bike week...HORRIBLE! Harley's everywhere LOUD!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:35 PM on May. 31, 2010