is this weird that im so mortified about scorpions now?

my neice got stung by a scorpion about 10 days ago and had to be transported by ambluance to the ER because she was having convulsions and couldnt speak and was turning gray and stuff. :( she got antivenom about 4 hours later and everything turned out to be okay no serious damage. BUT... im now TERRIFIED that my daughter is going to get stung. we live in arizona where they are very very common. i have nightmares about them being in our house, outside in our car our shoes etc. :( my neice is only 2 the drs said she could have died from it. it terrifies me that my 15 month old is going to get stung and badly. is this normal? and how can i get it out of my head???

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:05 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm not going to be any help. We lived in the high dessert here in Southern California, for a number of years, and there are scorpions there. One day my two year old walked up to me and held his hand out, and said "What's that Mommy?" and in his hand was a small scorpion. Luckily it was dead. But, it freaked me out so badly. I was also always terrified after that. The only thing I can say, is no matter where you live there is something......black widows, scorpions, brown recluse spiders, snakes. there is something everywhere. All we can do, is do the best that we can to keep our homes and yards clean and safe for our kids, watch them carefully while they are small, and teach them how to protect themselves as they get older, but even adults are at risk (obviously small children are more at risk).

I'm sure you'll do a good job with your child, and I'm happy that your niece is okay. Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:14 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I'm not sure why you would be mortified? There is nothing embarrassing about scoripions.
    Anonymous

• anonymous if a person has low body weight... like my 15 month old it can kill them.
    which is why my neice was rushed in an ambulance and was having convulsions. the venom was smothering her blood.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:09 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I think what she meant was the word mortified is probably the wrong word to use here. it means embarrassed. So when you said you were mortified about scorpions....what you were really saying was that you were embarrassed or humiliated about scorpions, which kind of doesn't make sense.

I realized what you really meant was that you were paranoid about scorpions, or terrified of them, but anonymous is actually right.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:13 PM on May. 31, 2010

• LMAO oh... haha
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:30 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I'm glad your laughing!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:31 PM on May. 31, 2010