Do you eat healthy?

If anyone has any good healthy recipes they wouldn't mind sharing, I'd be very thankful. I have been on a low fat low sodium no dairy diet for over a year now, and though the foods I have found that I can cook are super tasty and healthy, it gets boring eating the same things over and over again. I am looking for recipes under 8 grams of fat per serving, with very little added oils, and under 400 mg of sodium per serving too, and no dairy. If you have a recipe like this would you please share? Feel free to PM me if you want instead of answering on here. Thanks ahead of time!

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 2:07 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've accumulated quite a few good recipes from SparkPeople's recipe site over the years. This one is one of our favorites in summer when we can use the grill (and we'd be making it today if it weren't storming right now grrrr):

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=674249

Check their search function, too - you can filter by your specific diet needs, and stick to ones that have several good user reviews.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:16 PM on May. 31, 2010

• We eat lots of fish. I can't think of anything top of my head. You cant even have yogurt? We make fish tacos and it has coleslaw,lettuce onions,tomatoes, the sauce is made with 1/2cup yogurt and 1/2 cup sourcream and the juice of a whole lemon,you could also add some dill. Its extremely low in fat. I like to use corn tortillas,my kids like flour tortillas. I'm soryr I'm not much help.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 2:33 PM on May. 31, 2010

• You could make the fish tacos without the sourcream,but yogurt is actually good for you.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 2:34 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Thanks for the website NotPanicking. Sorry, as far as the yogurt its a no :( I love yogurt but I have trouble processing something in the dairy, we're not sure what. I had some pretty bad gallbladder issues, and it's controlled by diet, so I don't want to add anything that could cause that horrible pain again lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:02 PM on May. 31, 2010