Would you ever leave you kids alone with your husband for 2 weeks?

Could he handle it?
I have to go on a trip-actually it's for a big career opportunity.. We're not the kind of parents who put their career before their family, but it's my dream.
He told me to go but I've never left him alone with the kids for more than 3 days and the kids are really young (1 month and 5 years).
DH says he can handle it but I know he's just being wonderful :)

Would you go on the trip or stay with your family?

pipermomofash

Asked by pipermomofash at 2:19 PM on May. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• Why wouldn't I? He is their dad, I am sure he could handle it.
    I think a lot of mom's out there should put a bit more faith in their husbands parenting skills. They may do things a bit different, and that's ok.
    Kathy-PSPR

Answer by Kathy-PSPR at 2:21 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I would go. This opportunity could make a big life change for yall, plus its your dream. Maybe ask yours/his moms to come by and check on things, or anyone else you can trust.

Actually my husband is going out of town, for a week tho, and my mom already said she will come and stay with me if needed to take care of my baby, plus cuz im pregnant and cant be running around like normal.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 2:21 PM on May. 31, 2010

• i would go. but i would make sure he had help if he needed it. if its gonna help you in the long run then its worth it.
    locabrat83

Answer by locabrat83 at 2:22 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Yeah I would do it. He is the dad and can take care of the just as much as I can.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:24 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Actually it's the baby I'm worried about.. He does know how to feed/change/bathe her, but he's never had sole care of her so far.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 2:24 PM on May. 31, 2010

• yes..My hubby is capable of caring for them
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 2:25 PM on May. 31, 2010

• My husband had our children for 9 months with minimally help. So of course I would leave for a couple weeks.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:26 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I would, but only if I made food ahead of time for the whole time I was gone. My husband is helpless in the kitchen. I don't really want my kids eating hot dogs and mac and cheese for two weeks straight.
    He is perfectly capable of taking care of the kids. I would ask my mom to come over and give him a couple of breaks so he could get out and refresh.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:28 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I wouldn't go. But that's me. I wouldn't have problems leaving the 5 yr old, it's the 1 month old I wouldn't leave. I BF and the first yr for each of my kids I never got away longer than a 2 hour stretch. If your husband is good with the baby and knows how to do the feedings and what to do if the baby gets sick, etc then there is no problem with your going, I just personally have a really hard time leaving my kids when they're under 2 yr old.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:31 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I would think my husband would be perfectly capable of taking care of the kids for two weeks. After all, he's the dad! : ) I think maybe *I* would have a problem with separation anxiety. As a mom sometimes its hard to get away from the kids for a bit. But go for it, mama! Maybe call the same time each evening if you can to say goodnight and hear a little about their day, or chat online for a few minutes.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 2:32 PM on May. 31, 2010