how are pull ups different from regular diapers?

LMAO may be a dumb question but i dont see the difference really.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:32 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They are more expensive and don't hold very much. Waste of money IMO... We put cloth training pants and rubber covers on our kids when it is time to potty train. Then they can feel they are wet.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:34 PM on May. 31, 2010

• No difference except they are made like underwear.

I've never used them, when it's time to potty train I just use regular underpants.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:42 PM on May. 31, 2010

• the pull ups are a tad thinner, and much more expensive considering the amt per package. My son wears cloth training pants for outings and naps. he recently "graduated" to training pants at night. SO bought some pull-ups to transition from diapers overnight. Not much of a difference at all. Very absorbant like a diaper and feel like a diaper
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:52 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Well they can be pulled up and down without coming apart. Some of them get cool when they get wet so the child can feel the difference, the other kind have picture on the outside that fades when they pee in the pull up so they can "see" the difference. They are thinner/less bulky than diapers.
    Anonymous

• I think the main difference is the fact that you can pull them up and down, and the intention is that the child would not need a new one as often as he or she needs a diaper change because they would be using the bathroom a good portion of the time. They are meant really as a short term transitional item....for the period of time before the child is ready to take a chance in regular underwear.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:28 PM on May. 31, 2010

• They aren't!!! How are they like underwear??? They are a diaper that you can pull off. Ugh, I am such a pull up hater! :) I used to work with kids and whenever a parent would say they were potty training with pull ups I would just roll my eyes, they never worked, and I never knew a kid to potty train effectievely and quickly using pull ups.
    Anonymous

• Instead of using pullups my babysitter puts underwear on them UNDER their diaper. The still get the sensation of being wet, and she doesnt have to change their clothes every time they have an accident. Plus diapers are waaayyyy cheaper.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:37 PM on May. 31, 2010

• i love pull ups most of the time because my son lovesto take his diaper off during nap time and once he pooped in the crib so we dont trust that he wont again so with pull ups he cant take them off as easily...but thare more expensive...its just like a regular diaper with no tabs.
    april262009

Answer by april262009 at 10:19 PM on May. 31, 2010