my daughter takes her diaper off after she poops or pees!!!!!!!!

so i've gone into my daughters room like four times in the last three weeks and she has her diaper off but the crazy thing is she will be in one of her rompers with the buttons still buttoned but she is holding her diaper i have no idea what to do.....

mommy113088

Asked by mommy113088 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My sister has twins and had this problem, only they would play with what was in the diaper, yuck right...she got to the point where she'd duck tape the diaper on so they couldn't take it off and make a mess...perhaps this may help...she also started putting their zipper pj's on backwards so they coudln't work the zipper and get at the diaper either...best of luck
    LadyScooter

Answer by LadyScooter at 7:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• that might be her way of letting you know shes ready to start potty training! I would get a potty and sit her on it a few times a day, with no diaper and read her a story and tell her thats where you go poopy and pee pee, she if she takes to it.
    Eirelynsmommy

Answer by Eirelynsmommy at 7:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My daughters did the same thing even when they weren't ready for potty training yet. That's just a phase they go through. I'm dealing with the same thing with my youngest daughter and will be going through that with my baby boy when he's old enough to start doing that.
    knattie

Answer by knattie at 7:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My almost two year old also does this......we layer clothes so he gives up lol. With his older brother we had to ducktape the diaper on at night and naps!!!!
    Chris127

Answer by Chris127 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My ds does this and pees everywhere but his potty. I tape his diapers on at night cause he ends up sleepin in pee all night. During the day I just try to keep reminding him to use the potty.
    Capmomma

Answer by Capmomma at 8:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• put her in underwear.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• put her in pampers easy ups they're really hard for them to pull down and even harder for her to rip open
    tcanady

Answer by tcanady at 10:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Potty training time
    MoMMy2MaLaKi

Answer by MoMMy2MaLaKi at 10:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• i think it is time to start potty training, if she is uncomforable in wet or poopy diapers, then put her in pull ups.
    koolmom343

Answer by koolmom343 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• make sure you keep bottoms on them at all times.. i have to do this with my 14month old bc she does the same thing.. its normal
    MommySteph1011

Answer by MommySteph1011 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2008