Do teens at your high school still go to prom if they don't have a date?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• No, you aren't permitted to only by one ticket and you are required to have a date to attend...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:18 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Yes, you can go without a date. We have quite a few teens without bf/gf's and they go alone and meet up with friends.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 3:28 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I went without a date. And I had a blast. I think it's sad for schools not to allow people to go stag.
    Anonymous

• Yes. And one of my twins went stag his SR. yr and had a blast!! He got to wear what HE wanted to and not what girl wanted him to. Brown Tux, green shirt, red converse tennis shoes.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:54 PM on May. 31, 2010

• They do now. When I went there you had to have a date.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 5:22 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Yes, when I was in High School; I took my sister instead a date. And I went with group of girls and it was an amazing time for all of us without boys telling us what to do or whatever.
    Anonymous

• yes
    Anonymous

• I went without a date my Jr year and I went with a date my Sr year. Honestly, I had a much better time my Jr year because I got to do what I wanted.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:10 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Yes,some do in groups and some do with one other friend..We also have a private organization we belong to called Cotillion.When I was in high school prom or Cotillion you had to have a date.Now we the organizers really stress a date is not important the party with  friends together is what is important.It seems to work.At my daughters prom a huge group went to dinner first and about 1/4 did not have dates.It was no big deal to anyone.YAY the way it should have always been.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 8:15 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Yes

Answer by admckenzie at 8:22 PM on May. 31, 2010