Please help me with birthday ideas for my DDs 2nd birthday party!?!?

We're choosing to go with a "girly rainbow" theme. So we're doing pink, bright orange, bright yellow, lime green, turquoise and purple colors. But I really don't have any ideas as far as decor and such. We've bought streamers so far, and plan on using lots of balloons, but I'm just afraid that it might be too plain. So any ideas as far as decor and refreshments would be awesome! We have a moon walk that we'll set up, so I don't think we'll need any entertainment. We may let the kids decorate their own cupcakes for something fun. ;) Thanks so much. Oh, and the party will be outdoors in November, we live in Texas so its cool weather around that time.

wishwish

Asked by wishwish at 3:32 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• do a solid table cloth in pink or purple and add colorful confetti.

If you are making your own cake you could do a round cake to look like a daisy.
    Speaking of daisy, you could add a lot of flowers to your theme in the same basic colors you mentioned.
    terracotta pots are rather cheap and you could paint them to match the theme adding artifical flowers inside to make a center piece for the table.

For food you could do colorful fruit kabobs. Strawberry, pineapple, and honeydew melon balls.
    or go easier and do a watermelon fruit bowl... hollow out the melon use rine as the bowl. add strawberries, grapes, the watermelon, cantaloupe etc.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 3:42 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I would alternate the tablecloths with the different colors too. Then buy three or four packs of plates, cups, etc., making everything match the theme. I think that your theme will turn out good! Have fun!
    Anonymous

• You can make a balloon rainbow. It would be so cute. You get balloons, fill with helium, then use a paper clip to put them in groups of 3 (thread the paperclip through the tied end of the balloons). Then thread the paperclips through a fishing line and anchor at each end. Here's pictures of what they look like.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:43 PM on May. 31, 2010

• frozen strawberries will work
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 3:43 PM on May. 31, 2010