how often does DH have friends over?

i really hate having company over, even family for more than just a few minutes. i guess i never had a lot of ppl in my house and i dont like entertaining his friends! m house is small and we dont have cable just internet and movies/game systems so we all haveto sit in the same room, and i just hate hanging around is friends, some of them are idiots lol. but it only ticks me off when he come home from work and unexpectedly has a friend in the car, asking me if i can get dressed so that so-and-so can come in. he will not even call most times to tell me that someone is coming over. it is annoying because i sit around in underwear in my house, and what if i open the door with nothing on only to find a friend behind him? how do you handle having company?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It used to happen more but I feel like you. I find it completely rude to have people just drop by without bothering to call first or DH just showing up with someone. I told him how I felt about it and whenever anyone showed at at his job after work and wanted to come by and visit, he started calling me first. That way I have time to tidy up or change clothes. We had tons of company at our house when I was growing up but it's gotten old for me to just have people over all the time. I just like some time where we can enjoy our family and house. Privacy is something I have come to cherish.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:58 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Actually we are very lucky because his best friend from college lives in the apartment next door with his wife and kids and after 11 years we're all best friends. It's practically like we live in both apartments. We spend all our days together and we all love that!! Of course we have our privacy when we want to. We leave the doors unlocked when we are not busy and we only lock them when we want to be alone. So do they. We never knock anyways!! haha
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 3:49 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Never unless we plan to have people over. Nobody ever just drops in either.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:59 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Does his brother living with us count?
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 4:47 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I think you have two issues going on here....

1) you two have a different opinion on having guests over. Perhaps you could find some middle ground. Instead of having them over on random days, have him pick 2-3 times a month and plan it. That way you can be prepared and can get your self mentally ready to have the guests over.

2) He is being rude to you by surprising you with these guests.  Im going to guess that he is doing it this way because you refuse to have people over.  Perhaps if you plan it out and give into him a bit, he will in turn give in to you by not surpising you with guests.

Anonymous

• DH never has friends over only because we live way outside of town. we do go over to his friends house pretty often, but we always call/text first to make sure its ok. i love socializing in or out of my house.
    renniemom3

Answer by renniemom3 at 5:34 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Not very often, but he always checks with me first. He knows that I don't mind sometimes but we had a roommate that had people over all the time and it caused a huge issue in our home because of this. That friend still has company 5-6 nights a week and his current SO can't stand it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:00 PM on May. 31, 2010