Where oh where has my little girl gone..?

She's 16 now.. She does hand out with us but she prefers hanging out with her friends. I know it's normal for her age, but I miss her being 5 years old!! She was little and always with me!
Now she's going to a summer camp, 5 hours away from home.
It's bittersweet. I miss her being little and wanting to hang out with us all the time.. But I love that she's turning into an amazing young woman..:)

Any of you feel the same?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on May. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, now that my three kids are full adults I would do anything to be able to get those years to come back, I know how you feel!!!!!!

Answer by older at 3:46 PM on May. 31, 2010

• GULP! I still another 10 yrs. But even now she acts like a teenager.
    Anonymous

• I already feel that way sometimes and my "big girl" just turned 3...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 5:12 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I feel that way about my 23 month old daughter. She is sooo independent! I used to be the center of her universe. Nowadays, she can play by herself for short periods, and she wants to play with other children.

She wants to do everything herself-putting on shoes, pants, etc. Ugh!!! I want her to stay my baby.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:46 PM on May. 31, 2010

• NO. I really try to consider that POV sometimes, but I just do not miss little AT ALL. Well, mine are 10 and 5, so still a tiny bit little, but the bigger/older they get, the more I like the situation.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:09 PM on May. 31, 2010