Who else needs a break?

I need a break from my kids. I want to spend a couple of days just with hubby. And he doesn't even have to take me away, we can just stay home and just be together..relax.. I'm going crazy!! And I really miss him a lot.. We have triplets, they are 17 months old plus a 4 year old and all hubby and I talk about is them.. Don't get me wrong, I ADORE my babies.. But I need a break sooo badly!! Am I a bad mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on May. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• Everyone deserves a break. I could really use one. I've got 4 kids (4, 7, 8 and about to turn 10) and I'm almost 33 weeks pregnant. My husband transferred his job and lives 2000 miles away. I've been on my own since the week of Easter and it's exhausting (and not the first time I've been left to deal with the kids on my own for weeks, if not months at a time). And I don't have a car so I have to walk every where or just stay home.
    My husband mentioned he might come home next weekend and I had this whole day planned with just us going to lunch and shopping for the baby (my dad would watch the kids) but then he told me last night he can't come. Once the baby comes it will be 5 years before we will have a chance to go out without the kids since we're moving away from all our family (ie babysitters).
    We haven't spent a night alone w/o at least 1 kid in almost 5 years.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:10 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Lady, I don't know how you do it. You need a break and you are a normal Mom for wanting one. Hang in there.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:10 PM on May. 31, 2010

• there is nothing wrong with you! call in your support system! you NEED that break!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 4:29 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Me!!!! DH and I have not had a break from our son in at least 3 or 4 years! Our son is living with high functioning autism, and for some reason, my mother seems afraid of it. I think she thinks he'll go into meltdown mode at a moment's notice. Not true! We have been searching for a respite caregiver for what feels like an eternity, but have yet to find one that "fits", or is affordable. All parents need a break once in a while, not just for themselves, but for the kids too. I just do my best to get through my day and hope that soon we'll find that one caregiver that's a "perfect fit" for us.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 4:56 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Not a bad mom at all, you and hubby deserve the break.

Answer by older at 5:40 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Everyone wants and deserves that time. No shame in it, it helps us be better.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:24 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I would FREAK if I had to take care of 3 babies + a 4 year!! Bad mom? NO, more like SUPER :)
    Is there family/ friends can could let you guys take a half day break together?
    jalex

Answer by jalex at 6:56 PM on May. 31, 2010

• No you are not a bad mom. I just spent six days with my grandson so my dd and her bf could go to a funeral in another state and have a break. I see now why they needed one! I just got home and I need a nap!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:02 PM on May. 31, 2010

• You are not a bad Mom! Just a tired and over-worked one! I understand and can sympathize with your feelings. Although I don't have as many kids as you do, I feel the exact same way - about wanting some "couple time" with my husband. (I actually say it aloud at least once per week; even though no one is listening!) Try your best to find a trusted friend to help watch the kids for a couple of hours, so you can have a nice, quiet dinner with your husband. And take a picture of both of you - so you can remember the great memory; and put it on your schedule regularly!

Bostonsbest

Answer by Bostonsbest at 8:58 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Not bad, sounds pretty normal to me. I hope you get some time with your honey.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:08 PM on May. 31, 2010